General Data Protection Policy
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
TO COMPLY WITH GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR), we must tell you what personal data we hold about you, why we hold it and how it will be used. Our processing of personal data is based on you having given consent but you have the right as a data subject to withdraw that consent at any time and we undertake to delete the data if requested by you.
Any data we hold will be used only for purposes directly related to the activities and effective administrative running of Hitchin & District Canine Society (Hitchin DCS) and will not be provided to any other person, organisation or business for any other purposes, except where required by law.
Hitchin & District Canine Society Protection Principles
Hitchin DCS will comply with data protection law. Any personal information we hold about you will be:
* Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
* Collected only for valid purposes (as explained below) and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
* Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
* Accurate and kept up to date;
* Kept securely;
* Kept only for as long as necessary, for the purposes we have told you about, and in accordance with our data retention policy (see below).
Personal Data Held by Hitchin & District Canine Society
For the efficient running of Hitchin DCS we may need to keep a record of:
• Your name;
• Your address;
• Your home and/or mobile telephone number(s);
• Your email address;
• Your breed;
• Your Judges list category
• If you have a repeat standing order for membership payments (we do not keep details of your bank account);
Note: You are not obliged to provide the personal data in question. However, if you do not give this information, we will be unable to perform our administrative function in providing you with Club services.
Hitchin & District Canine Society use of Personal Data
We will maintain and process your personal data in providing membership services and organising events. We may also use personal information for additional relevant and related purposes where you might reasonably expect us to do so and where this is not outweighed by your own interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. This may include:
• Maintaining our records and related information, including updating your details and preferences;
• Contacting you with relevant information (eg newsletters, Club events, show schedules) by mail, email, telephone;
• Publication in show catalogues of your personal data, save address if opting out, and dog information
• Publication of show/event results on the Hitchin DCS website or facebook page
• Communications related to membership
• Administration and communications relating to judging appointments
• Assistance with upholding our objectives and Rules acting in cases where there may be a breach of the Rules.
• Assistance in ensuring compliance with Kennel Club Rules and Regulations;
• Assistance with queries, complaints and dispute resolution.
You may request to see all the personal data we hold on you (we are allowed 40 days to provide it).
We only keep your data for the reasons outlined above and we undertake to delete your personal data, or withhold it from publication, if you request us to do so in writing.
Hitchin & District Canine Society Disclosure of Personal Data to Other Third Parties
We may use service providers to help us provide you with our services. Personal data may be transferred to such service providers, who act for or on our behalf, for further processing in accordance with the purpose(s) for which the data was originally collected or may otherwise be lawfully processed. This may include:
• Production of Hitchin DCS show/event catalogues or Schedules;
• Other Hitchin DCS publications.
Such third parties have contracted with us as data processors under the requirements in the GDPR. They are contractually bound to only use personal data for the agreed purpose(s). Relevant persons working for these third parties will have access to your personal data under the terms of the data processor contract, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services for us.
Hitchin & District Canine Society Data Retention Policy
We will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Personal data may be further processed and stored for archiving in the interests of statistical and historical purposes. When doing so, we will consider any link to the initial purpose, the context the data was collected in, the reasonable expectations of members, the nature of the data, the consequences of further processing and the existence of appropriate safeguards.
Old membership lists and other electronically held data may have some historical value and/or statistical value. Hitchin DCS will consider how long is practically useful.
Information and Contact Details
We may update this information from time to time. Please contact the Hitchin DCS Secretary if you have any questions or concerns about personal data and privacy matters.
Our commitment to you
We will continue to hold the above information securely for the management of the club and control of all the affairs of the club. We will not be contacting each person individually to seek consent for continuing our role of providing a service to our members. You must let us know if you do not wish us to hold any aspect of your contact details for this purpose.
If you have any concerns please contact the club secretary in writing
post:- 23 Wilbury Hills Road, Letchworth Garden City, Herts, SG6 4JU